- Published on 12 February 2013
"EchoPolis- Days of Sound" festival event
Objective: The EchoPolis - Days of Sound Event will target on the objective and use it as motto: "Re-invent emotions in the City, let's feel them, let's hear the city sounds" !
The EchoPolis Days of Sound major festival event is hosted by the french-hellenic and International SDMed Association which works for sustainable urban development in the Mediterranean and the Balkans and will be shared between June (19.20&21) and September-October (30.9, 1&2.10) 2013, in Athens.
The event "EchoPolis - Days of Sound" will focus on one of the most important senses: hearing, thus drawing attention to the sound quality of the urban environment and how, resources and tools can be used so that sounds, noises and music become design elements and factors of enrichment of sustainability in cities and neighborhoods. Relatively recently, the concepts of soundscape and sound design leave the research laboratories and invade the market, the world of professionals and the discourse between designers and all those involved in the application of sounad design in the city, architects, engineers, private companies of sound equipment and facilities.
EchoPolis International Conference - Sounds, noise and music for re-thinking sustainable city and econeighborhood
Important scientific part of the festival will be the EchoPolis International Conference. The conference will offer a platform for interdisciplinary dialog and presentations of innovative research and development in the field of integrating sound in sustainable building and city planning and design, covering a wide range of subjects from sonic geography, sonic ecology and soundscapes to the noise carthography, noise abatement and recent developments of sound design in general. “Echopolis International Conference” invites specialists from academic and research institutions, industry and public institutions worldwide to present their innovative work.
Date: 30th September - 2nd October 2013
Venue: EchoPolis International Conference, Athens, Greece.
"Sounds, noise and music for re-thinking sustainable city and econeighborhood"
- "Sonic Geography-Sonic Landscapes-Sonic Ecology"
- "Sound and music in emotional architecture and emotional city"
- "Sound design and eco-innovation in cities"
- "Sound and Noise in sustainable cities and econeighborhoods"
- "Sustainable abatement of noise by optimized combinations of natural and artificial means"
- "Urban and rural quiet areas-Sound and noise Cartography-Strategic noise plans"
- "Noise exposure and effects on health, Noise action plans,annoyance maps"
- "Sound environment, Noise, Music,city attractiveness and sustainable tourism"
- "Sound Heritage and soundscapes"
- "Sound and Noise in transport infrastructure"
- "Sound and Noise in sustainable buildings"
- "Balancing energy performance, thermal insulation, acoustic comfort and air quality in buildings"
The “EchoPolis” Mediterranean Soundscape Award
Application Deadline: 10:00PM (CET) 30th July 2013
Awards Ceremony Venue: Michalis Cacoyannis Foundation, Athens
Awards Ceremony Date: 7.30 – 10.00PM 2nd October 2013
Shortlisted teams will be notified in September 2013 and invited to attend the EchoPolis Mediterranean Soundscape Awards Ceremony on 2nd October 2013, when the winners will be announced and the awards presented.
- Published on 14 May 2011
Cost TD0804: Soundscape of European Cities and Landscapes presents
COST Action - Training School 2012
Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation of Soundscapes
Name and address of affiliation of host:
Prof. Dr. Klaus Genuit
HEAD acoustics GmbH
Period to host the Training School:
July, calendar week 29 (July, 16th to 20th) 2012
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Genuit
Prof. Dr. Brigitte Schulte-Fortkamp, TU Berlin, Germany
André Fiebig MA, HEAD acoustics GmbH
For more details please download the Training Agenda..
- Published on 19 December 2012
COST Vitoria-Gasteiz MC Meeting and WG Workshop 2012
Soundscape, heritage for the urban futures
Monday, 19 Nov 2012, 17:00-20:00pm
Presentations (Members Only).
STSM (Short Term Scientific Mission)
- Published on 14 October 2010
COST Action TD0804
STSM (Short Term Scientific Mission)
For the COST Action TD0804 on ‘Soundscapes of European Cities and Landscapes’, there is an open call for STSM (Short Term Scientific Mission), supporting research students and young researchers to spend a short period of time (1 week to 3 months) in another institution. To apply:
(1) Go to cost web to fill the application form – For application instructions please see here: http://www.cost.esf.org/participate/guidelines
The Applicant must use the on-line registration tool to register their request for an STSM (see https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm). The following information has to be encoded with the registration:
1. the Action number;
2. the title of the planned STSM;
3. the start and end date;
4. the applicant's details, including key academic details and workplan;
5. the applicant’s bank details;
6. the host institution’s ;
7. financial data (amount for travel and subsistence).
(2) After encoding the information via the on-line registration tool will issue a Email our STSM leader,electronically formal STSM application which has to be downloaded and sent by the applicant electronically (by e-mail as attachment) together with any necessary document which the Applicant may regard as helpful in supporting the application at the evaluation process (such as CV, full workplan, list of publications, motivation etter, letter of support from the home institute etc.) to:
(3) Once approved, the STSM must be completed before the end of December 2010..